Welcome to the first edition of the carnival of "The road to financial independence". Hope you enjoy the posts as much as we enjoyed putting this together!
Hank presents Dream More, Work Less posted at MiB Smarter Money, musings on quitting the day-job.
Carol Bentley presents Who is leaving cash on the table posted at Carol Bentley describing why it is important to diligently do sales follow-up as otherwise businesses loose a source of passive income.
Fatty presents Automated Day Trader: Double Moving Average Crossover, Test 1 posted at Fatty Fat Fat - an interesting day trading strategy that should be very effective in generating passive income in the tough market conditions that exist today.
Will presents Socially Responsible Investing: Go Green And Make Money At The Same Time posted at Money Galaxy - Socially responsible investing is the wave of the future and the kicker is that it promises to be a good sector to passively make money as well.
JCL presents A Move From 'Creative' Investing to More Traditional Methods posted at The Real Estate Investing Journey - a short synopsis of our road to learning how to gain passive income.
Benjamin presents How to Stop Cold Drafts in Your Home and Save On Energy Bills posted at Trees Full of Money - Imagine leaving a window open all winter long -- the heat loss, cold drafts and wasted energy! If your home has a clothes dryer, attic access hatch, a whole house fan, or a fireplace, that may be just what is occurring in your home every day.
KCLau presents My Greatest Financial Fears posted at KCLau's Money Tips.
Kathryn Forster presents The virtues and rewards of online shopping posted at Comfort Blanket - Save money by shopping online, and save yourself lots of time into the bargain!
Heather Levin presents How To Set Up A Community Lending Library posted at The Greenest Dollar. Community lending libraries are great ways to save money and live green. Plus, they enable you to get to know your neighbors. Here's how to get one started in your own neighborhood.
Tom Tessin presents Debt Relief Holiday Guide posted at FSC Blog - learn how to live on a tight budget during the holidays.
FMF presents The Economics of Braces (And How to Save Money on Them) posted at Free Money Finance - Saving money on a big expense.
MBB presents Christmas Shopping Deals With 0% Credit Card Offers posted at Money Blue Book. Credit card deals during the holiday shopping season is rising - might as well make sure you take full advantage of all deals offered.
Valeria presents 10 Painless Ways to Escape Being Squeezed by Your Plastic posted at Timeless Lessons.
George L Smyth presents One Minute How-To - How To Avoid Junk Fees posted at George L Smyth. George L Smyth explains how to identify and avoid the junk fees that are added without your knowledge.
Michael presents Consumer Debt Worst Offenders: Banks, Advertisers, and Advisors posted at Small Business Blog. When on your journey to financial freedom, you're going to get tempted into the world of consumer debt - there are people that really want your money! Here's a blog post on the big culprits of this major problem.
Wenchypoo presents Annual Rerun for 2008: Why We Skip the Holidays All Together posted at Wisdom From Wenchypoo's Mental Wastebasket.
Joe Manausa presents Discover The Secret To Making A ?Perfect? Home Buying Offer posted at Tallahassee Real Estate Blog. There are so many infomercials and advertisements claiming that you can buy a home for mere pennies on the dollar that many potential homebuyers are confused about what they should do. The goal of this short article is to help you develop a mindset that will allow you to buy the home of your dreams without paying too much for the home.
The Shark Investor presents How YOUR Saving Advice Caused The Financial Crisis posted at The Shark Investor. How frugal living can turn the things to worse?
Carlos Sera presents A Taco Tale; Financial Tales posted at Financial Tales based around an incident in which Bank of America charged $35 per overdraft for 6 overdrafts that happened on a single day-trip.
Hanna Kassis presents It’s Not Too Late To Fund Your Child’s Education posted at College Finance 101. The post dwells into ideas on reducing children’s college education expenses.
Charles Chua C K presents Financial Freedom - 7 Successful Steps posted at All About Living with Life. The post emphasizes the need for debt reduction as a first step.
Credit Shout presents Best Gas Credit Cards posted at CreditShout. Three cards that give the best rewards for gas purchases.
Dave presents Save on Health Care - Quick Tips posted at Cheapo Groovo - an informative article on the options available when trying to reduce healthcare costs.
Sherin presents Economic Recession and Preparing for a Recession posted at Investment Internals - A study on the preparation for recession time. Focused on Savings, Portfolio and Job security. An educational article to help build self-defense against problems from economic slowdown.
Thursday presents 6 Ways to Fight Inflation posted at Wealth Junkies - Inflation is definitely on the rise in the U.S. and it is making it harder to stretch a dollar these day. There are ways to ensure that your money goes at least a little further even during inflation, though. While your bank account may not be able to keep up with inflation, you can still keep up with your needs.
Market Breaker presents It?s Been A Brutal Year posted at Stock Investing Tips. This year has been the worst year for the stock market since the Great Depression.
Covered Call Strategies:
Greg Group presents How to Make Money by Laddering Covered Calls posted at Associated Content - discusses a laddered covered call strategy that involves writing near-term covered calls at strike prices just above the current price and cash-secured puts just below the strike price. The strategy provides extra income in a volatile market in a protracted sideways market, but has very limited protection against sharp upward or downward movement of the stock price.
Robert D Flach presents THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN posted at THE WANDERING TAX PRO, a compilation of end-of-year tax saving tips.
TheMoneyHawk presents How an $800 Tax Bill Taught Me Not to Be a Greedy Idiot posted at The Money Hawk. Through a personal example, TheMoneyHawk establishes why it is a bad idea to fund retirement plans without funding your emergency fund.
Mr. CC presents Being Organized During Bankruptcy Can Save You Thousands of Dollars posted at Ask Mr Credit Card's Blog - real-life experience of how thousands of dollars were saved in the face of bankruptcy by staying organized with finances.
FIRE Finance presents A Road To Financial Security - Introduction posted at FIRE Finance - a call to action to save now for future financial security.
Raag Vamdatt presents Understanding a Fixed Maturity Plan (FMP) :: RaagVamdatt.com :: Financial Planning demystified posted at RaagVamdatt.com - A comprehensive introduction to Fixed Maturity Plans (FMP).
Silicon Valley Blogger presents Keep Your Money Safe: Online Bank Accounts and More Savings Options posted at The Digerati Life - A post on money management.
The Smarter Wallet presents Manage Your Risk: Check Your Company's Financial Ratings posted at The Smarter Wallet. It's pretty important to manage risk well in order to be financially successful.
3 Moms presents Finding Happiness in a Simple, Debt-Free Life posted at Happy to be at Home. An inspiring post about getting completely out of debt and choosing to lead a simple contented life.
Khan presents Getting Personal About Your Finances posted at Higher Education and Career Blog - a call for action to youngsters on the need to understand and talk about personal finance.
Consumer Products - Best Value Reviews
- Roomba 700, 600 & 500 Series Comparison/Review
- Best Values in Shoot & Share HD Camcorders - A Comparative Review
- Digital Pianos (Yamaha, Casio, Roland, Kawai, Korg) - An introduction for Digital Piano Shoppers
- Best Values in Electric and Acoustic-Electric Guitars
- Best Values in Round-hole Steel Strung & Classical Nylon String Acoustic Guitars
- Guitars - An Introduction to the Different Types
- Tablet PCs - A Comparative Review
- Printers - Best Values - Comparative Review
- Best Values in eReaders - A Comparative Review
- Kindle eReaders - A Comparative Review
- Garmin Nüvi GPS - Review & Best Value Feature/Price Comparison
- Best Values in Digital Pianos (Portable) - A Comparative Review
- Best Values in Digital Pianos (Home - Non Portable) - A Comparative Review
- Yamaha Digital Pianos - An Introduction to Different Models
- Best Values in Yamaha Digital Pianos (Portable) - A Comparative Review
- Best Values in Yamaha Digital Pianos (Home - Non Portable) - A Comparative Review
- Best Values in Unlocked GSM Cellphones - A Comparative Review
- Best Value Portable Computers for Students (Laptops, Net Books, & MacBooks) - A Comparative Review
- Kids Video Game Software and Consoles – An Introduction for Frugal Families
- Online Tax Filing – TaxAct, TaxCut, Turbo Tax – User Experience Review
- Kindle 2 eBook Reader – A Frugal Take on the Digital Book Reading Device
- Acoustic Piano – Review, Best Value, Pricing, & Shopping Experience
- Best Values in Netbook & Notebook Computers - Feature/Price Comparison/Review
- Best Value Portable Media Players (Music, Video, Games, Apps) - A Comparative Review
- Best Values in Flash Camcorders – Comparative Review
Tracking Hedge Funds
- Carl Icahn's Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- John Paulson's Paulson & Company Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- David Winters' Wintergreen Advisors Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Glenn Greenberg's Brave Warrior Advisors Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Lou Simpson's SQ Advisors Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- David Tepper's Appaloosa Management Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Stanley Druckenmiller's Duquesne Family Office Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Michael Dell's MSD Capital Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Boone Pickens' BP Capital Management Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Francis Chou's Chou Associates Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Richard C. Blum's Blum Capital Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Jeffrey Ubben's ValueAct Capital Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Robert Karr's Joho Capital Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Chuck Akre's Akre Capital Management Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Wilbur Ross's Invesco Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- Ian Cumming & Joseph Steinberg's Leucadia National Portfolio as of Q3 2013
- David Swensen's Yale Endowment Holdings as of Q3 2013
- Profiting from Hedge Funds - Winning Strategies for the Little Guy - A free preview
- Bearish Options Strategies for Value Investors
- Bullish Options Strategies for Value Investors
- Short Selling vs Long Puts – Strategies for Value Investors
- Cash holdings in an investment portfolio - strategies to squeeze income for value investors
- Kelly Criterion based Strategies for Value Investing
- Covered Call Strategy for Stable Income Portfolio
- Basics of Options and Futures for Value Investors
- Basic Options Strategies for Value Investors
- Basic Futures Strategies for Value Investors
- Short Selling Strategy for Value Investors
401k (25) Advanced Placement (4) airlines (2) Akre Capital Management (5) AP (4) apartments (2) Appaloosa (5) Bangkok (2) barbuda (2) Baupost (2) Baupost Group (6) bay area (2) BDCs (4) beating inflation (16) Benjamin Graham Model (2) Berkshire Hathaway (14) best sites (9) Bill Ackman (8) books (4) Bruce Berkowitz (8) Business (11) Camcorders (3) canada (4) cancun (3) CANROYs (9) carl icahn (5) Carl Ichan (2) Carnival (25) Carnivals (21) casino (3) Casio (2) CEF (2) Charles Akre (4) Class Action Settlements (2) Consumer Product Reviews (30) coonoor (2) Covered Calls (24) credai (4) Credit (12) David Einhorn (11) David Swensen (7) David Winters (5) DCF (2) Digital Piano (3) Direxion (2) dry bulk shipping (4) Education (37) Egypt (2) Elementary Education (10) Elementary School Textbooks (5) eReaders (2) ESPP (6) ETF (2) ETN (2) Everyday Musings (63) Exam Prep (7) Exiting the rat race - how to? (22) Fair Value Estimates (4) Fairfax Financial (3) Fairfax Financial Holdings (4) Fairholme (8) Family Office (3) Financial Independence (196) Flash Camcorders (3) flat (4) flats (2) Flip (3) free (17) Frugal Living (79) Fund Holdings (133) futures (2) gambling (3) garmin (2) Genting (2) george soros (9) giveaway (15) Glenn Greenberg (6) gps (4) Greenlight Capital (11) Guitars (3) Hedge Funds (152) High School Education (7) High School Textbooks (6) hobby (47) home ownership (5) Homes (18) Homeschool (18) Houses (2) Housing (3) Hykon (2) Ian Cumming (7) Infinuvo (7) Investment Research (10) Investments (22) iRobot (3) Jerusalem (2) John Paulson (7) Joho Capital (5) Joseph Steinberg (7) Kakkanad (4) Kawai (2) Kids (73) Kids Yamaha (3) Kindle (2) Korg (2) Kuala Lumpur (2) KWA (2) laptop (5) Las Vegas (2) Leucadia (2) Leucadia National (5) Lou Simpson (5) Middle School Education (4) Middle School Textbooks (3) Mini Notebook (2) Mohnish Pabrai (10) mortgage (2) Music (6) Mutual Funds (4) Netbook (3) Notebook (2) Oahu (2) offers (2) online tax (2) passive income (43) Paulson and Company (6) Pershing Square (8) philately (61) Piano (9) Prem Watsa (6) product reviews (11) R2I (24) R2I Finances (3) R2I Housing (5) Raising Kids (63) Rat Race (16) reading (5) real estate (6) Reducing Expenses (24) REIT (3) Reviews (83) Robotic Vacuum (2) Roland (2) Roomba (10) Services - Reviews (37) Ski (5) Sled (4) Solar Stocks (27) Soros Fund Management (6) Southwest (2) SQ Advisors (5) stamp collecting (40) stamps (20) Stanley Druckenmiller (5) Statue of Liberty (2) Stock Analysis (124) stocks (25) summer (2) tax (5) Teacher's Editions (5) Technology (4) Test Prep (11) Time Square (2) toy train (1) Travel Reviews (66) trip report (18) UNESCO World Heritage (1) Vacations (28) value investing (9) Video (3) Warren Buffett (13) wilbur ross (7) Wintergreen Advisors (5) Yale Endowment (7) Yamaha (7)
- ECR to Mahabalipuram Attractions - MGM Dizzee World, Muttukadu Boat House, Crocodile Bank, and Dakshinachitra
- Mahabalipuram Trip Report
- Mararikulam Beach Resorts - Abad Turtle Beach, CGH Marari Beach Resort, Carnoustie Beach Resort - Comparative Review
- Mysore Trip Report - Chamundi Hills, Brindavan Gardens, St. Philomena Church
- Mysore Trip Report - Palace and Zoo
- Ooty Trip Report
- Coonoor - Sunvalley Homestay Review
- Ooty Toy Train - Nilgiri Mountain Railway - Trip Report
- Thai-Malaysia Trip - Gotchas to Avoid
- Trip Report to Kuala Lumpur
- Trip Report to Genting
- Trip Report to Bangkok
- Trip Report to Pattaya
- Kumarakom Daytrip Report
- Munnar Trip Report
- Holyland Trip - Jordan - Other Sites
- Holyland Trip - Gotchas to avoid
- Holyland Trip Report - Old Cairo - Day 8
- Holyland Trip Report – Suez Canal, Cairo - Day 7
- Holyland Trip Report – Egypt – Red Sea, Sinai (Day 6)
- Holyland Trip Report – Israel – Jerusalem, Jericho, Dead Sea (Day 5)
- Holyland Trip Report - Israel - Jerusalem (Day 4)
- Holyland Trip Report - Israel - Nazareth, Cana, Tel Aviv, Jaffa, and Bethlehem (Day 3)
- Holyland Trip Report – Israel - Yardenit, Tiberias, Tabgha, Cappernaum, Ginosar, Sea of Galilee (Day 2)
- Holyland Trip Report - Jordan - Mount Nebo, Madaba - Day 1
- Day Trip to Tripunithura Hill Palace
- Day Trip to Bolgatty Palace and Vicinity
- Day Trip to Fort Kochi
- Atlantic City Hotel Deals and Casino Offers
- Vegas Hotel Deals and Casino Offers
- Reno Hotel Deals and Casino Offers
- Enjoying Yosemite Valley with Kids - A Trip Report
- Oahu, Hawaii Flora & Fauna - A Trip Report
- Oahu, Hawaii Hiking - A Trip Report
- Oahu, Hawaii Attractions - A Trip Report
- Everglades National Park - A Trip Report
- Key West, FL - A Trip Report
- Kennedy Space Center - A Trip Report
- Sites of Vancouver - A Trip Report
- Sites of Seattle - A Trip Report
- Cruise to Baja - A Trip Report
- Attractions along the 17-mile drive - Trip Report
- Best Sites of Grand Canyon & Las Vegas - Trip Report
- Best sites of Mount Shasta & Crater Lake - Trip Report
- Best sites of Washington D.C. - Trip Report
- Best sites of Philadelphia - Trip Report
- Pumpkin Festival in Half Moon Bay - Trip Report
- Fleet Week in San Francisco - Trip Report
- Sites of Manhattan & Statue of Liberty - Trip Report
- Sites of Niagara Falls, NY - Trip Report
- Vacationing in Cancun - Gotchas to avoid for frugal travelers
- Day tour to Chichen-Itza
- Cancun Trip Report
- Cherry Picking in Brentwood - A Frugal Take
- Camping at Turlock - A Trip Report
- Dallas Arboretum Trip Report
- Houston Space Center Trip Report
- Best sites of Ireland - Trip Report
- Best Sites of Edinburgh - Trip Report
- Lake Tahoe Ski Areas (Granlibakken, Tahoe Donner, Boreal, Homewood, Kirkwood, Heavenly, Squaw) – A Comparative Review (Deals, Packages, Vacations)
- Best sites of London & Cambridge - Trip Report
- European Vacation – Gotchas to avoid and frugal options for cost conscious American Visitors
- Sites of Eastern Canada - Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal - Trip Report
- Angel Island, CA Trip Report/Review
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Vallejo – Trip Report/Review
- Camping at Brannan Island State Park, CA – Review
- Avenue Of The Giants – Trip Report/Review
- Sites of Mendocino, Fort Bragg, CA - Trip Report/Review
- Lawrence Hall Of Science, Berkeley
- Montecito-Sequoia Lodge, Kings Canyon National Park
- Sears Tower, Chicago, IL
- Meramec Caverns, Stanton, MO
- Great America Santa Clara
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Kanyakumari (Cape Comerin) Trip Report
- Mather Aqueduct & Thirparappu Falls - Trip Report
- Procter & Gamble (PG) - Quick Take
- Tracking Soros Fund Management Holdings
- Tracking Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Holdings
- Tracking Bruce Berkowitz's Fiarholme Fund Holdings
- Kelly Criterion based strategies for value investing
- Covered Call Strategy for Stable Income Portfolio
- Berkshire Hathaway US stock portfolio ten-year performance
- David Einhorn's Holdings - PART III - the Shorts
- David Einhorn's Holdings - PART II - the Longs
- Tracking David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital Holdings - PART 1
- Valuing Growth Stocks - Introduction to a Dividend Discount based model
- Analysis of Google's 3rd Quarter Report and Fair Value Estimates
- Tracking Stocks in Mohnish Pabrai's Investment Funds: Part 2
- Tracking Stocks in Mohnish Pabrai's Investment Funds: Part I
- Mohnish Pabrai's Views on How to Buy and Sell Stocks
- Quick Take on Frontline Limited (FRO)
- Valuing Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) Stock
- Tracking Berkshire Hathaway's Investment Portfolio - Part 3
- Tracking Berkshire Hathaway's Investment Portfolio - Part 2
- Tracking Berkshire Hathaway's Investment Portfolio - Part 1
- Introduction to Fair Value Estimates for our stock reviews
- National Presto (NPK) - Stock Analysis
- Giant Interactive (GA) - Stock Analysis
- Demand Media (DMD) - Stock Analysis
- CA Technologies (CA) - Stock Analysis
- Quality Systems Inc (QSII) - Stock Analysis
- Praxair (PX) - Stock Analysis
- VF Corporation (VFC) - Stock Analysis
- Qiagen NV (QGEN) - Stock Analysis
- Family Dollar (FDO) - Stock Analysis
- Introduction to a new quantitative component for our stock reviews – the OFB factor
- Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) - Stock Analysis
- Southwest Airlines (LUV) - Stock Analysis
- eBay (EBAY) - Stock Analysis
- Triple Leveraged ETFs - An Introduction
- Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Instruments (ETF, ETN, CEF) - An Introduction
- Our Fannie Mae (FNM) Investment – A Case Of Escaping With Minor Wounds!
- Dry Bulk Shipping Companies & Baltic Dry Index (BDI) – Comparative Stock Analysis
- CanRoys (ENT, AAV, BTE, HTE, PVX, PGH, ERF, PWE) – A Comparative Analysis
- BDCs (ACAS, ALD, MCGC, PSEC) – A Comparative Analysis
- Central Europe & Russia Fund Inc. (CEE) Analysis - Revisited
- Trina Solar (TSL)
- Excessive Executive Compensation - Analysis
- Anthracite Capital (AHR)
- Small Caps In Our Portfolio - An Update
- MCG Capital (MCGC)
- Visa (V) IPO – Comparative Valuation Analysis - MasterCard (MA) and American Express (AXP)
- Philip Morris International (PM) spin-off - An analysis
- LDK Solar (LDK)
- SCO Group's Private Equity Plan - An Analysis
- Harvest Trust Energy (HTE)
- Google vs Microsoft - The Ad Wars – A Contrarian Viewpoint
- Owning Cypress Over SunPower Makes Sense; EMC Over VMware Doesn't
- iRobot Corp. (IRBT)
- Advantage Energy Income Fund (AAV)
- Itron Inc. (ITRI)
- ClickSoftware (CKSW)
- Solar Manufacturer Comparison (STP, TSL, YGE, CSIQ)
- Asure Software (ASUR)
- Google (GOOG)
- ValueClick (VCLK)
- St. Joe Companies (JOE)
- Central Europe & Russia Fund (CEE)
- Suntech Power Holdings (STP)
- Patni Computer Systems Limited (PTI)
- Local.com (LOCM)
- Tracking Stanley Druckenmiller's Duquesne Family Office Portfolio - Q1 2013 Update
- Best Value DVDs for Kids by Age Group - a 2011 List
- Optometry Admission Test (OAT) Exam Prep Books and Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- Dental Admission Test (DAT) Exam Prep Books and Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- MCAT Exam Prep Books and Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- LSAT Exam Prep Books and Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- GMAT Exam Prep Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- GRE Exam Prep Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- TOEFL Exam Prep Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- ACT Test Prep Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- EXPLORE/PLAN Test Prep Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- SAT Exam Prep Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- PSAT Test Prep (NMSQT) Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Test Prep Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- Advanced Placement (AP) Test Prep Books & Resources - ISBNs and Best Prices
- Read-aloud Books for Infants - A Compilation with ISBNs & Prices
- Summer Reading List for High School Students - A Compilation with ISBNs & Prices
- Summer Reading List for Middle School Students - A Compilation with ISBNs & Prices
- Summer Reading List for Elementary School Students - A Compilation with ISBNs & Prices
- Summer Reading List for Kindergarten & Preschool Kids - A Compilation with ISBNs & Prices
- Advanced Placement (AP) CD/DVD/Kindle Versions of Textbooks & Resources - ISBNs, Used, and List Prices
- Advanced Placement (AP) Teacher's Edition Text Books & Resources - ISBNs, Used, and List Prices
- Advanced Placement (AP: 9-12) Textbooks, Guides, Workbooks, and Resources - ISBNs, Used, and List Prices
- Online Media (CD/DVD) Versions of High School Textbooks & Resources
- High School (9-12) Teacher's Edition TextBooks & Resources – ISBNs, Used, and List Prices
- High School (9-12) Textbooks, Guides, and Workbooks – ISBNs, Used, and List Prices
- Online Media (CD/DVD) Versions of Middle School Textbooks & Resources
- Middle School Public School Textbooks - Teacher's Editions and Resources – ISBNs, Used, and List Prices
- Middle School Public School Textbooks, Guides, and Workbooks – ISBNs, Used, and List Prices
- Media/Online Versions of Elementary Public School Textbooks, Guides, Workbooks, and Assessment Resources – ISBNs, Used, and List Prices
- Frugal Options for Families with Kids during Summer Months
- Kids Video Game Software and Consoles – An Introduction for Frugal Families
- Kids With Special Needs and Learning Disabilities – Teaching and Student Educational Resources
- Elementary School Guides, Workbooks, and Assessment Resources – ISBN, Used, and List Prices
- Elementary School Textbooks – ISBNs, Used and List Prices – Teachers and Home School Editions
- Elementary Public School Textbooks - ISBN Numbers, Used And List Prices
- Tahoe Donner Skiing - Family Experience/Review
- Introducing Kids to Snow Sports (Sledding/Skiing) in the Lake Tahoe Area
- How to ace kindergarten screening (assessment test) at private schools?
- Teaching Kids The Three R's
- Teach your kids Piano with learn piano online for free – well, almost!!
- Summer Reading List for High School Students - A Compilation with ISBNs & Prices
- Romantic Era Music (1815-1910) - An Introduction
- Classical Era Music (1730-1820) - An Introduction
- Baroque Era Music (1600-1750) - An Introduction
- Renaissance Era Music (1430-1600) - An Introduction
- Medieval Era Music (500-1450) - An Introduction
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – Great Benefit with a few caveats!
- Writing Covered Calls against Employer Stock Plan Shares (ESPP, Restricted Stock, and Stock Options) – A Primer
- Amazon Kindle 2 eBook Reader - A critical look
- Amazon.com Customer Service – Jeff Bezos backtracks on 30-day price guarantee policy!
- Avoiding Car Maintenance Trip falls – Oil-Changes, Tune Ups, and Tire Rotation/Balancing
- Yahoo Offer Withdrawal: Microsoft Finally Coming Back To Their Senses
- SCO vs Novell – Darl McBride’s Ludicrous Testimony
- FEIT Electric Energy Saving Bulbs – Consistently Low Quality!
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) - Immediate Selling Strategy
- Realizing Long-Term Capital Gains With Stock Based Compensation
- De Beers Diamond Settlement – An Opportunity To Get Back Up To 59% Of Your Retail Purchase Price
- OPEN Event From American Express and SCORE – A Free Resource For Small Businesses!
- Smart Money Stock Picking Tournament - Our Selections
- A Look At Our Insurance Choices
- LDK Solar Q4 Call - Incompetence & Animosity All Around
- Amex Costco True Earnings, Chase Amazon Visa, and Costco Executive Membership – A Reward Combination We Missed Out On
- IRBT – ConnectR Delays Highlight Growing Pains At iRobot
- Stock Based Compensation Tax Optimization Strategies
- 401K/IRA Retirement Account Asset Allocations for 2008 – Part 2 – Rollover IRA Accounts
- Turbo Tax Price Increase Over The Years - A Comparison
- 401K/IRA Retirement Account – Part 1 – Current Employer Accounts
- ARM vs Fixed Rate Mortgages: Fed Discount and Funds Rate Connection - 01/08
- Random Musings on Apple products after Steve’s MacWorld 2008 Keynote
- The SINLetter.com Stock Contest
- Top 10 InternationalStocks
- Top 10 Stocks With High Dividend Yield (>7%)
- Top 20 Micro Cap Stocks In Our Radar
- Top 20 Small Cap Stocks In Our Radar
- Top 20 Mid Cap Stocks In Our Radar
- Top 10 Large Cap Stocks In Our Radar
- Stock Selection 101 - A Look At How We Select Stocks
- Our Small Cap Investing History - A Story Of Missed Opportunities
- 9V To AAAA Battery Hack Test With Rechargeable Batteries
- Solar Green Power – Should you install a Photo Voltaic (PV) module in your house?
- CFL light bulb humming or Digital Clock running fast – household alert!